Recent Reviews...

Saturday, July 9, 2011

Book Review: I Am Number Four by Pittacus Lore




 Genre: Young Adult Science Fiction

I Am Number Four revolves around Number Four, who we know as John Smith, and Henri, his guardian called a Cepan, who are from the planet Lorien. Lorien was taken over by another alien race called, Mogadorians, that used up all of their own planet’s resources. John is Number Four out of nine who escaped their planet with their Cepans. John and Henri have moved from place to place hiding from the Mogadorians who knew of their escape. In the town of Paradise, Ohio, John finds love, friendship, and doesn’t want to leave, but will his legacies (special powers) develop in time to help him fight against the Mogadorians?
The story was entertaining even though highly predictable. I would like to have seen more development of the characters through the story. I found myself adding personality to them as I read. There was enough action to keep you turning the pages, and will probably look great as a movie which I plan on seeing very soon.
The story doesn’t just stop with the book itself. I Am Number Four is written under the name Pittacus Lore. “Pittacus Lore” is an Elder from Lorien who has stayed hidden on Earth while preparing for war.
I Am Number Four is book one in what is expected to be a series of six books. Book two is called the Power of Six and from the book summary it appears to be told from the point of view of Number Seven, who we have not yet met in book one. Fans will be excited to know they can learn about what Number Six has been doing and where she has been before she meets John in stores later this month with the release of I Am Number Four: The Lost Files: Six’s Legacy.

To read more about this series and the author, visit the Pittacus Lore website.


No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank your for stopping by. Please comment! I'd love to hear from you!